Thursday, September 18, 2008

AuDiTiOnInG..... HELP ME!!!! O_o

If any of you out there reading this post have ever tried out for something? Whether basketball, base ball, a dance team, a play, a musical it doesn't matter you still get the same feeling!!!!! Well I tried out for the High School Musical Bye Bye Birdie, and let me tell ya I think I almost fell over and died! XD OK so it's always been my dream to be an actor ever since like 3rd grade when I was in a little school production then it started to grow. I was Toto (yes the dog) in the Wizard of Oz, A home school production. Then I was in A play at BYU-I just the main characters daughter that said one word but still!!! I tried out for two more plays and got cut. Then finally this year in 9th grade I went for it again! On Saturday night i heard from a friend that tryouts were the next coming week so on Monday I went down to the High school and signed up for choreography tryouts the next day and singing/acting tryouts on Wednesday. The next day (Tuesday) I was so scared the whole day I couldn't walk in a straight line (not that I normally can!) When dance tryouts finally came I was hyperventilating. My Mom and Lindsey saw the dance and told me the dance was a piece of cake so I became a little more confident. They were right the dance was really easy.... except there was a turn at the very end. Now if any of you saw me at AFY then you would agree with me if I said that I have no balance whatsoever. SO.... every time I tried to spin I about wiped out everyone. :(
The weird thing is that I can do my turns perfectly at dance. I don't know why I'm so discorrdinated!!! Well other than that stupid turn the dancing auditionings went great! So after auditioning we went to Lindsey's house (who has been a musical director multiples of times.) to find a song for me to sing at the auditions on Wednesday. (I know hadn't found one yet) Finally we found one that she thought I would be good at singing.... A bushel and a Peck from the musical Guys and Dolls. Well I already knew the song and had it memorized but we didn't have any accompanist or music. We called everyone I knew that might have the music but no luck. We tried Limewire, the Internet but everywhere I cost money!! I'm talkin $30! But finally we found it online, and got a accompanist! YEA!! A lot of stress wiped away! Well I tried out and all was well! Casting was posted on Saturday. But I would be in Utah that day so I kept calling and calling my best friends Anna and Elizabeth (who also tried out) if they had gone and seen the results (sorry guys!!) Finally they had and I got in to one of the main 16 dancers through out the play (otherwise known as the fan club for Conrad Birdie) I was ecstatic!!!!!!!! If you ever tryout for anything and feel scared I feel your pain! Don't give up you never will know what will happen!
Sorry I wrote so much it's like the whole page!

2 comments:

Anna Bessey said...

whoohoo!! xDD you like did excatly what i did, that's funny. anyway we are going to DIE tuesday. O_o im scared. >_< anyway, bye!!

MAN SLAUTER!!! I SLAUTERED A MAN!! LIKE A PIG!! xDDD

Tristie hearts Dax said...

WA-HOOOOO! WAY to go, Jennekah! So pumped for you. It is So nerve wracking! You are such a champ.