Monday, February 11, 2008

Rexburg Temple Dedication


The Rexburg Idaho Temple was dedicated Sunday Feb 10, 2007. President Thomas S. Monson came and gave a wonderful prayer. He was so funny I laughed so hard at his funny personality! It was a very wonderful and spiritual experience. President Eyring wasn't there because he broke his ankle. They following 12 apostles were there-

~ David A. Bednar
~Russell M. Nelson

Along with our new prophet Thomas S. Monson. I loved watching the temple slowly be built. Going through the open house was an amazing experience that I will never forget. My YW group got to go on a special tour through the bride's room. It was so beautiful almost as wonderful as the celestial room. I absolutely can not wait to be a bride. Getting ready for your wedding and everything would be amazing. I can not even describe the glorious nous of not only the bride's room but the whole temple!

Funny moment- One of my 6 year old friends Rebecca, was talking to her Mom, Jen, and said "Mom, I know what dedication means." "Oh do you? What does it mean?" "Well" said Rebecca matter of factly "It has three words in it ded, like dead people, a, like, A girl, and occasion, like a party. So dedication means a big party for dead people!"

4 comments:

Jaedon Flora said...

Jennekah - You have a special testimony and I love you. You will be the prettiest bride EVER!

Tristie hearts Dax said...

Love your pics of the temple. This is such a cool thing that you got to experience!

Tristie hearts Dax said...

P.S. You need to change your link to my blog. it is tristie.blogspot.com. I think you misspelled it so it doesn't actually link to my blog. And I love your funny quotes! You are a doll.

Jennekah said...

thanks trist